Our first long trip West towing our trailer. Through Kansas to Colorado, then back home.
TLDR: Two weeks in Colorado.
- One night at a Goat Ranch in Abilene, Kansas where we bought fresh eggs.
- One night at a Buffalo Ranch in Limon, Colorado. We had a buffalo burger dinner followed by a tour where Sandy got to feed the buffalo.
- Four days at Ridgeway State Park, Colorado. We explored Ouray, Telluride, and Silverton. We drove over Red Mountain #1 on a trail called "Corkscrew Pass"-three times because we got turned around looking for a marker for the turnoff to Silverton. But, we didn't mind because it was an awesome trail that took us above treeline and into the snow.
- One night at a disillery in Montrose, Colorado. We stopped at the Ute Indian Museum on the way.
- Five days at Blue Mesa Recreational Ranch near Gunnison, Colorado, exploring Gunnison, Crested Butte, Gothic, Lake City, and the Black Canyon of the Gunnison.
- One day at Lake Scott State Park, Kansas. Nice campground, but major storms with hail and high winds rolled through. Also had lots of ants at the campsite.
- One night at a Brewery in Topeka, Kansas that had a dog park and live music. Beer and music were both disappointing.
- Stopped in Columbia, Missouri for lunch at Flat Branch pub/restaurant for some really great food before arriving back home in St. Louis.
Full Story: I still need to write the full story.